Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goodbye 09..... Hello 10.

Wow. I really can't believe the year 2010 is here already! Where has the time gone? This year totally feels like it really flew by. So many things happened, and yet some days I feel I have accomplished nothing. :/.

So here is my take on 2009.....
I began the year ringing it in with my boyfriend. Fun, Friends, and His family. Good Times.
I then proceeded to take my first class focused on my major at school, and loved it. It was a hard class, but at least I was studying something I loved. I then found out I needed a math class to join the program I was applying for, so that halted my major focus, and lead me down a nerve wracking class. I hate math. We have never been friends. Over the summer I really wanted to go on a missions trip, but I didn't feel God calling me anywhere, and I later realized its because there were things that I needed to do at home. I ended up working summer camp all but 1 week of the summer, and my... was it an adventure. We all say every year that we won't work there again next year, but somehow we all end up there. :/. So my summer was quite uneventful in the events section, but total growing experience in the personal life section. It is the summer I ended my only serious relationship I've had... yes, I said it. I ended it. I know I know, such a heartbreaker.. but it had to be done. It took me awhile to realize that it needed to be done, and stop putting it off... and also lots and lots of prayer. I then decided to follow what I felt God telling me to do, and I couldn't of been more proud of myself. I had so much peace afterwards.... It was like I was walking around with uncertainty for 2 months, and then I'd finally found a decision and applied it, and I was free from uncertainty. God sure does make himself clear if we just ask. I also sought godly wisdom, and was glad to find that they all agreed with what I knew God had been telling me to do. I grew alot over the summer. Going through my first serious breakup, and not really feeling hurt. I was more hurt that I hurt him, and hurt over the way he responded. I can't control him though, and looking back on it, I totally understand where he is coming from now. So then that led me into my 20th birthday, and I reached a milestone of being alive for 2 whole decades, which to me, is just so cool! lol. I hope to see many more! :)! so far, 20 isn't all that great, but we'll see! maybe something exciting will happen before 21! :) so yes, back to what I learned. I learned that I do have options, if I don't feel very comfortable with a decision, then I shouldn't be afraid to change it. Or even not to be afraid to make a decision. I hate making huge decisions about my life, so this was definately a test. I never want people to be mad at me... so I tend to do what I feel will keep them happy, forgetting about my own happiness most of the time. so yes. definite step in the right direction there. So now we're on to fall... school starting, and me starting the horrible math class. and yes, it remained horrible all semester. and then i got sick on top of it. and came down with a variety of symptoms, and many doctors, and some answers, and still some unanswers. So... we're still working on that in the new year. It was a rough semester, and I hope this next one will be much better! I wish I could say that after the summer of praying so hard and finding answers from God, that I grew in my faith this past fall.... but... I'm not perfect, and I've always struggled in this area, and I let excuses overshadow him... so I feel like I haven't grown much since summer unfortunately.
That is my year in a nutshell. I've also met new people, and gotten to know people alot better. I'm trying harder about coming out of my shell and not being so reserved. I am so glad I met the people I met this year. They've each touched me in a different way. and for that, I will never be the same. I am also glad I've gotten closer to some people as well. Made me feel like I'm not as weird as I thought I was, and that I have discovered who my true and close friends are. and for that, I am grateful.

So what am I looking forward to in 2010?...
Well, I have a couple friends getting married. So I am totally happy for them!! :)! It's also scary though, to think that we are all old enough to be moving onto that next phase in life. I am just patiently waiting for my turn. I know God will introduce me to the right guy when the time is right. I definately feel there are things in my life I need to overcome before I am at the marrying point, which is why I feel I am not dating anyone. :)
I am also looking forward to guatamala. I still have lots of money to raise, but I believe if God wants me to go, he will provide!
I am also looking forward to petitioning and hopefully being accepted into the nursing program! I will finally be focusing on my degree, and be one step closer to being done w/ school! :)! HOORAY!
Thats all I am looking forward to. I am also in great anticipation and excitement in what else the year will entail that I don't know about! :)! WOOT! I turn 21 this year, so to me, that is so exciting!
I am also looking forward to seeing all my family in May, for we only get to see them about once every 3 years!!!! So, it's been awhile, and I get to see them for 2 whole weeks! HOORAH! :)
I am also looking forward to growing more in my faith and myself... and seeing who God wants me to be!

What I'm not looking forward to?
Having to quit my job of 3 and a half years.... in order to go to school. I love those kiddos, and well... life won't be hte same without them.
Friends getting married. lol. Sometimes things change, and well, I don't want to lose these friends who are getting hitched, cause their great people/friends! :)!
Another year flying by, and wondering where the time went. haha.

soo... I guess this is hello 2010. I still can't believe 2009 is over, but it is.. and I need to accept that fact.
Happy New Year Everyone! Leave a comment and let me know what you're looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment