Well guys, it was time for another update. I really wish I could update this thing more often, but I guess I feel I don't have anything important or interesting to say. :/. So maybe once I go back to school.. something interesting will happen.
Break is over in 2 days! I go back on tuesday.. it was a nice long break, but I'm not sure I'm ready to be stressed out for a whole semester again. I wish school didn't cause as much stress as it does. One of the classes I'm taking this semester is about managing stress while in the nursing program because it can be quite stressful, so I hope it benefits me. Maybe if I didn't try to be such a perfectionist/overachiever it wouldn't matter. ahh! oh well. I can't change that about me.
So someone left a comment on my blog.. and it was anonymous, so I hope its not someone I know, because if it is, I feel horrible that I failed you as a christian and a friend. :(. But, alas, let me tell you this. I am sorry that that happened to you in your church. Churches aren't perfect, and nor are the people in them. I will speak for myself. I can be a very exclusive person, and I don't even mean to be. It's just that I used to be someone who had alot of friends, but they all weren't all true friends... so I started eliminating those who I wasn't that close to.. because what I needed at that point was real people, who were there for me, and who I could be there for also. So I think this is when my groups started to form and I became somewhat exclusive... I try really hard though to change this. I am trying to be better about approaching people and talking to them. If you're my age, its easier... but yes, I do fail becuase I am not perfect. Christians struggle sometimes just as much as non-christians.. but the world forgets this, and likes to rub it in our faces that we fail/get caught in temptation, and use it against us. So please forgive us, and if you feel you don't fit in at that church.. then maybe find a new one?
God loves you, even if those around you fail to show it. He will always love you. He talks to his people(christians) in the Bible about never leaving or forsaking us all the days of our lives. He is talking to them after the time of Moses where he was with Moses through out all those trials and tribulations.. and he is reassuring the rest of us, that he is there to do the same with us. So even though the world may fail you, christians in the world may fail you, God will never fail you. (Joshua 1:5) NEVER NEVER NEVER. We can convince ourselves to believe that God has failed us, but in reality, all we are doing is blaming him for everyone else failing us. Trust me, I've done that, and been there.. its a dark journey should you continue to keep believing that. You just have to read your Bible, and rely on his words to tell you that he loves you. Prayer also works. I will pray for you, whoever you are.. that you will find some people around you to love you and show you God's love, and also.. that if I do know you, that he will show me how to convince you of his love, and show his love through me more. :)
I hope this made some sense. Feel free to continue commenting. I enjoy knowing I have some readers! :)! and I will definately try to update this more often...
Peace&Love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"God loves you, even if those around you fail to show it."
ReplyDeleteExcellent point and worth dwelling upon.
I get to do a study on the Fruit of the Sprit right now. This week I'm on "Faithfulness." Listen to this:
"Faith is not an action; it is a response. If we strive to have faith, we may be miserably disappointed. But if we learn to trust in God's faithfulness, we of all persons may be most blessed." - B. Moore
Yep, faith in folks will put us on an emotional roller coaster between trust and unbelief.
Ah, but faith in God, now that's a different story? Why? Oh, 'cause He's just amazing.
"The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he as made." -Psalm 145:13
Tremendous. And a worthy object of faith.
Keep holding tightly to the love of Christ, dear Cora! You're doing great!!
Much love, India*
You do know me, and it was your church. If you figure out who I am you can give me call.
ReplyDelete