Saturday, November 28, 2009

I Am So THANKFUL for....

So, I was going to post this on thanksgiving.... but I got distracted and what not... so here it is. 2 days later, but here. So I hope you all enjoy!

I am so thankful for my Jesus. He is truly what I am striving to live for, and I know that when I fail him daily, he always forgives me, and gives me another chance to try better the next day. I am so thankful that he is a God of mercy and forgiveness. For I truly do not deserve his forgiveness, nor does he have to give it to me... but because he is merciful, he gives it to me anyway. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I know there are certain people I need to forgive in my life, even if I don't feel like it... so I am really going to try ALOT harder because he whos perfect has forgiven me, and I who aren't perfect and have no place to hold blame, should truly be able to forgive those who have hurt me, and even those who havent but who I still need to forgive and show the love of Christ to anyways. So I am thankful for forgiveness and second chances.

I am thankful for my parents. For so long(well, in middle/highschool) I thought my parents could be a pain, that they weren't very nice, etc... everything we always think about our parents, I thought it. Yep, I was a bad kid. lol. But seriously... if I could go back to those days, I would smack myself and be like... Look KID!, you have 2 parents who love you and who love each other. they provide you with a roof over your head, and raise the best way they can. Even though they fail you sometimes, it's cause their not perfect! So I guess I just had to learn that over the years, and since I've learned this, it's given me a greater love for my parents and all that they've helped me with and done for me. They may not do everything the way I want them to, but that isn't there job. There job is to be my parents, and I wouldn't have it any other way. They have been such troopers lately too.. especially with all the health problems.. they've been great listeners and soothers. My mom has rubbed my neck for me every night for the past week, and though its not her favorite thing to do, she does it out of love. So I am very VERY thankful for my parents.

I am so thankful for my sister. I seriously don't know what I would do without  her. She keeps me company, she laughs at my silly jokes, she hugs me when I've had a bad day, she sings to me, she sleeps with me when I'm scared or its thundering outside... SHE seriously is the BEST. I thank God everyday for giving me a sister, and giving me one who loves me soooo much! I only hope she feels the same love from me everyday! :)! oh, and did I mention she is SOOOOO Beautiful!! I am so jealous sometimes!

I am thankful for my friends. They truly make life so much more entertaining and exciting. I have close friends, and those friends are the best. They are always willing to talk or listen.. and for that I appreciate. I always enjoy hanging out with my close friends, and I am just truly blessed to have such amazing ones in my life! They all know who they are! :)!

I am thankful for the "leaders" or adult friends I have in my life. Always lifting up prayers for me, encouraging me, helping me through life situations, helping me grow into the person I need to be, and always being honest with me. For this I am truly thankful. God has put amazing Christains in my life, and for this I know I am forever blesssed.

I am thankful for my job. There are so many people out there without jobs today, that I am truly blessed to have mine. Even though it can be frustrating at times, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have 4(now 5!) beautiful kids that I get to take care of and love on, that my job truly is the best job in the world! :)!

I am thankful for the warm bed to sleep in at night, the food to fill my stomach, and the ability to afford all the things I need to afford and sometimes things that I don't particularly need but just enjoy! :)

I am so BLESSED to have all these things, and I thank God for them everyday. I hope that I can bless someone in the same way I have blessed in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment